Thursday, May 14, 2015

Angry Bulls?

Does the colour red make bulls angry?

When I am a young boy, many people keep telling me that if I wear a red shirt I should always be careful when I walk near a bull, as the animal might suddenly 'attack' me. I keep on wondering why many people have this perception. Is it because the matador or bullfighter uses a big piece of red cloth when he is in action? 


Is this a myth or a fact? 

The Mythbusters team has already made an experiment to find out. 
What are their findings?

Well it turn out that they got almost the same number of attacks regardless of whether the cloth is red, white or blue. What made a difference though is whether the cloth is motionless or waved. It seems that the attacks are more aggressive when the cloth are waved compared to when it is motionless.

So next time when you walk near a bull, keep in mind that regardless of what colour your are wearing, it does not make much difference to the bull. But careful...your movement or how you behave might made a difference! 
Surely you do not want to make a bull angry!


No comments:

Post a Comment